Banapple

Last tuesday, all classes in UST were suspended because there were a lot of students stranded in the university due to the heavy downpour and flash flood. I wanted to make use of my free time so I decided to accompany my cousin who is a newly registered nurse, to claim her documents from her college. Afterwards, we decided to have lunch at Banapple's branch in Tomas Morato. I couldn't wait to try one of the most raved restaurants in Manila! 


Banapple is best know for their pies and cheesecakes.


First thing you'll notice when you enter the place is their cartoon-like interior design. It reminds of the cute strawberry shortcake! The walls, tiles and ceiling are all in shade of yellow. The lighting is not that bright which gives guests a warm atmosphere. Their tables are wonderfully designed with colorful pebbles which reminds me of M&Ms. Even their tables look yummy! The chairs are simple and made of steel. I didn't feel comfortable sitting with it because I always tend to slouch. Their place can accomodate a lot of diners. They still have another room with couch seats but it's closed when we dined. If you're going to dine at Banapple, don't forget to invite your office/schoolmates or any of your friends, you could also invite your family but I didn't see any family dining in that time.

Chicken Breast Parmigiano. Php 185 
Tender fillets of chicken breast encrusted in parmesan crumb mixture topped with a rich stewed tomato sauce and melted mozzarella; served with glazed butter and carrots.

This was my order and my first taste of Banapple. I was quite surprised with the generous serving. I think their chicken breasts are cooked similarly and topped with different sauce. Mine was topped with tomato sauce and melted mozzarella. It tastes almost the same sauce that came with Bread sticks from Domino's Pizza and the ones that came with mozzarella cheese sticks from Don Henrico's. If you know munchpunch, a lot of people have craved this dish so I think it's one of their best-sellers. Highly recommended <3

Bacon fried chicken steaks with milk'shroom gravy. Php 175
Crisp chicken fillets smothered in a creamy milk and mushroom gravy, topped with yummy bacon pieces; served with corn relish. 

This was my cousin's order. I tasted her chicken fillet with milk'shroom gravy. It was simply palatable, I could imagine myself eating pasta with the same sauce. Maybe they offer pasta with milk'shroom sauce? I'll look for that in their menu next time.

Pies and Cheesecake section

The famous Banoffee Pie

So! I finally had a taste of the famous banoffee pie which everyone was raving about. It arrived on our table with great presentation, as you can see. The chocolate drizzle and curls on the plate make it look so yummy. When I saw that white whip cream-like on the top of the pie, I had a doubt on eating it. Dude that white thing is so fatty. Imagine stuffing all those calories on your mouth. I am not a fan of too sweet food either. Good thing it consists of bananas. The crust of the pie is delicious. We avoided the white part and ate the banana with caramel, crust and the chocolates. People have different tastes, for me this was something I wouldn't rave, It's good but not so good. It's always nice to try something new. This experience came out really fun! Together with the nice place, good food, and happy company is a happy and fun dining :)




Mon - Sun:07:30-23:30
Sct. Madrinan cor Tomas MoratoSouth Triangle, Quezon City(02) 413-2675

No comments:

Post a Comment

>