Cafe Veranda, Taal Vista Hotel


After our tour in Sky Ranch, we went to its neighbor Taal Vista Hotel's Cafe Veranda (formerly known as Cafe On The Ridge) to have dinner buffet. I reserved and requested a nice table for two the night before our trip . While the security guard was checking the car upon entering the vicinity, he recognized that the tire on the back right was flat. Oh no! They won't let us in. They suggested a visit to a vulcanizing shop just two blocks away. If ever we miss our 6pm reservation, Cafe Veranda will give our table to other customers. Good thing we still have an hour to fix the tire. We went on to look for the vulcanizing shop and we found it. While parking at the vulcanizing shop, the car's engine suddenly stopped. Bry tried to start the car but it just wouldn't start. Turns out the battery was discharged (Why why whyyyy). After an hour of fixing the tire, one of the owners of the shop helped us start the car. Everything came back to normal. Whew! What a misadventure! Finally, we went back to Taal Vista Hotel with perfect conditioned tires.


We arrived exactly 6pm and was placed in a table where there is no enough lighting and air conditioning. I thought maybe we're placed in a not so nice table since our payment was discounted. Surprisingly, when I was walking to the buffet area, I passed by a nice and romantic table with a lighted candle and saw a reservation name plate "Ms. Kristel Valino". That's me! Oh that receptionist was too careless to miss my name on the reservation list. We transferred tables and started our dinner buffet.

So this is the whole place. It's quite small compared to the buffet areas here in the Metro. By 7pm, there were still a lot of unoccupied tables.


An overview of the whole buffet counter.

Romantic setup <3




This table is good for big groups. I love the design and you have your own privacy.

Salad Bar.




Pastry section.

There were two counters of viands station. I counted all the viands and there were only ten excluding the grilling station.

The grilling station.


The dessert section. They only had four choices, red velvet, black forest, cathedral window jelly and strawberry mousse. I would really appreciate if Cafe Veranda adds more variety. Especially Tagaytay has various delicious kakanin like the buko pie. They should offer the place's specialty and not just some nice looking desserts. 





I was pretty impressed with all the meat that I got. All were tender and tasty! Especially the lamb menudo and the chicken sa tanglad.





While eating my last dessert, the live band approached our table and played Wonderful Tonight and Faithfully. It was very fun since it's my first time to get serenade. haha! Picture below :)

After dinner we roamed around the place to have a little walk. The moon was full and there was a cocktail setup outside but no one was having drinks. Maybe because it was too cold.


We had a lost photo op at the lobby while Ate was arranging the fresh colorful flowers.

Overall, dining in Cafe Veranda was okay. It's more of the experience rather than the food. The live music was the highlight for me. Bry loved the lechon baka. It was surprisingly small. I expected more than ten viands and I always look forward to unique dessert station. The place was very nice though. Very romantic! I'm not sure if I'd go back to Cafe Veranda. For me, the experience was good for one time.









  1. Address: 67.6 Kms Tagaytay-Nasugbu Hwy, Lungsod ng Tagaytay 4120, Philippines
    Phone:+63 46 413 1225

No comments:

Post a Comment

>