Momma Brown Bakery+Cafe

We had few slices of pizza at home before hitting the road to Antipolo where our friend will be celebrating his birthday. Along Marcos Highway, we spotted this nice looking bakeshop. We parked and checked out the place.

The place was really spacious, warm and little bit girly. It has great lighting and the tables had a thick wooden place mat. The cashier guy told us that they just opened last November 2013.

I find the concept and menu a lot like Banapple. They also offer main course like chicken parmigiana and pastries for take aways. I was really dying to try one of their main courses and pasta. Too bad we already had lunch. So, we settled for their cupcakes and their cheese roll from the pastries section.










Caramel Nougat Cupcake (Php60)

Red Velvet Cupcake (Php 60)


Self-service pastry section.

Cheese Roll (Php30)


The two cupcakes that we ordered, which were their best sellers, were a bit dry. I prefer my cupcake a bit moist and chewy. The icing on top was okay but I really prefer my red velvet with cream cheese on top. I also find the cheese roll a bit dry. I think you can see it from the photo. Although the butter and sugar coating was equally distributed. The cupcakes and the cheese roll was nothing spectacular. If I was to go back, I would try their main course and pasta. Their sweets failed to make us fall in love :( We had fun lounging in their very nice place though. 



Momma Brown's actual menu. Click to enlarge image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>