Swensen's | Now Open at SM North The Block!


I am so thrilled to announce that Swensen's finally opened their third branch here in the Philippines last May 14, 2014. The new branch is located at SM North The Block, between Uniqlo and Forever21. I haven't visited their branch in MOA and Eastwood but I have tried Swensen's abroad. When I was still high school, my friends and I always eat out every last day of the week and we automatically head to Swensen's to have our dessert. It has been and until now, my favorite ice cream house because of the fun variety of ice creams. The flavors, presentation and service is truly remarkable.

Here are some of the notable flavors. The first 50 customers gets a free scoop. Luckily, my friend Sarah and I was one of the first 50 customers. She had the best seller which is Mocha Almond Fudge and I opted for a "healthier" flavor which is Yogurt Berry. haha! Originally, one scoop is worth Php95 and toppings for Php25 each.

 My Yogurt Berry that somehow tastes like a smoothie from Jamba Juice.

 There were activities for kids such as magic show by a friendly clown and face painting.


Gold Rush (Php220) - Chocolate and Coffee ice cream scoops with caramel and hot fudge. I loved the coffee ice cream!!! I was expecting to have soar throat after eating three scoops of ice cream that day since I have a very sensitive throat. Surprisingly, I still have a voice today. The flavors were not too sweet although they melt easily. I assume it's the very hot weather plus this branch of Swensen's is located near the entrance of the parking lot so there's a tendency that whenever the door opens, the heat from the parking lot comes in. 

This was Sarah's order. Strawberry Banana and Cream (Php220) - vanilla ice cream on banana with strawberry jam. I had a taste of her ice cream and the strawberry bits was surprisingly huge and sweet. A light and "healthier" choice in a heavy glass. 

Chocolate Earthquake (Php675) - 8 scoops of ice creams with brownies, oreo and almonds. Perfect for chocoholics sharing!

 Crispy Cocktail (Php265)

Waffle Sundae (Php175)

 The cheerful Swensen's ice cream maker who's always on a smile :)


Chocolate Ring-A-Ding (Php245) and Oreo Brownie (Php265) both with chewy brownies!

Little Prince (Php135) and Mr. San Francisco (Php140)
Of course, they also have something for the kids. Basic flavors of ice cream but presented amazingly to make sure kids would enjoy!


Swensen's wouldn't grow internationally if it weren't for the quality not only of the ice creams they serve but also because of the great service they provide. The servers we're trained very well and delivers order quickly. All of them were very friendly and helpful. This is a go to place if you want to have something to beat the summer heat. Also a great place to just sit and have a chitchat while finishing a very filling dessert. Lastly, I would like to personally congratulate the owner for another successful franchise of this internationally known ice cream house. Another blissful place where kids and also the kids at heart can enjoy the happiness brought by a simple scoop .

No comments:

Post a Comment

>